Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd. is dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal, business, and financial information. Epic complies with all Federal and Provincial laws including, but not limited to, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, and the Manitoba Brokering Act. These legislations govern and regulate the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information by organizations, ensuring the organization have obtained the individuals consent and take proper measures of ensuring the personal individuals information is safeguarded.
Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd. collects your personal, business, and financial information so we may provide you with the financial services you have applied for. Your information may also be used so we may provide you with additional services you have expressed interest in. Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd. only obtains information with written consent.
How Epic obtains your consent.
Epic will need your consent to obtain a credit report. Obtaining additional information about you from third parties allow Epic to determine your eligibility for our services. Consent can only be given to Epic through completion of Epic’s application form by you, and if applicable, a co-applicant and by signing the statement “I hereby authorize EPIC Dealer Solutions Ltd. to obtain a credit report and make necessary inquiries regarding our loan application and to release this information to any lenders who may be interested in providing funds on our behalf”.
Information collected by Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd.
The types of information collected by Epic include, but are not limited to;
- Birth Date
- Marital Status
- Mailing Address
- Phone Numbers
- Social Insurance Number
- Drivers License Number
- Employment Information
- Financial Status
All information submitted to Epic in our application form is optional. However, due to the financial nature of our transactions, we may be unable to provide you with the services you have requested if any details are withheld.
Releasing of Information
Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd. may release your information to other persons in the following circumstances;
- When authorized by you through the application form
- Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd. is a brokering firm and we will release your information to our financial lenders and service providers who may be interested in providing you with the funds and services you have requested.
- Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd. works with a network of financial institutions in order to provide our clients with competitive financial services. Epic is dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your information and require that all of our lenders and service providers enter into a privacy protection agreement to ensure that all parties involved in your transaction comply with all Federal and Provincial laws.
- When required by law
- We may be required to disclose certain information specifically requested by authorities in instances such as legal proceedings and court orders.
- When permitted by law
- We are legally permitted to disclose personal information to collect on outstanding debts owed to us.
- Medical emergencies.
- Suspicion of illegal activities.
Protecting your Information
Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd. will protect your information with safeguards and security measures.
- All of Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd. lenders and service providers, as part of their contract with Epic, are bound to maintain your confidentiality and may not use your information for any unauthorized purposes.
- Information may be provided in response to legal inquiries. Epic ensures only to disclose the specifically requested information Epic is legally required to, and will validate the authorities requesting that information.
- Employees of Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd. are required to sign a confidentiality agreement, a code of ethics agreement, and a conduct agreement. Epic’s employees are also required to comply with the privacy standards we have established and must follow all applicable laws and regulations.
- Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd. will retain your information only for the period legally necessary. Information no longer required will be destroyed and deleted from our database.
- All electronic files are kept in a secured restricted area. All paper files are stored in locked filing cabinets within a secured and restricted area. All employees computers are password protected with individual login accounts.
Accessing your information
To request to review the information we have collected, please do so by sending your request in writing. Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd. cannot release information about you that contains records or references to other persons, contains information propriety to Epic, or is not permitted by law.
Question, Concerns, or Complaints
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints concerning the privacy or confidentiality policies used by Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd., or any other information concerning our handling processes, please contact us at any of the following;
Telephone: (204) 255-5749
Fax: (204) 255-5771
E-mail: Contact Form
Or by mail at:
Epic Dealer Solutions Ltd.
321 Forbes Road, Winnipeg, MB, R2N 4B1